Photos by Mary C. Gardella
Congratulations to our brilliant band members who came away with medals this past weekend!
- Seton Helwig – 2nd place, Intermediate Tenor
- Sam Johnson – 3rd place, North American Gold Medal Tenor
- Ben Elkins – 2nd place (three-way tie for first), North American Gold Medal Bass
- Andrew Donlon – 2nd place, US Gold Medal Piobaireachd
- Betsy Morgan – 4th place, Amateur Tenor, 6th place North American Gold Medal Bass
Off to Kansas City They Go!
A large contingent of our members are heading off to 2018 Winter Storm to compete.
- Kevin Watkins – G3 MSR and Piob
- Ana Oyler – G3 Snare
- Ben Elkins – Gold Medal Bass
- Mary Wallace – Silver Medal Piobaireachd and Light Music Qualifier
- Martina Murphy – Amateur Tenor
- Andrew Donlon – Gold Medal Ceol Beag, Piobaireachd
- Dawn Meade – Amateur Tenor
- Seton Helwig – Amateur Tenor
- Beth Morgan – Amateur Tenor, Gold Medal Bass
- Sam Johnson – Gold Medal Tenor
- Alex Kuldell – Gold Medal Snare
Wish them luck!
Coming off the successes in Glasgow at the 2017 World Pipe Band Championships (9th out of 33 bands; drum corp placed 6th in the world), the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association upgraded MacMillan-Birtles Pipe Band from Grade 4 to Grade 3 after another prize-winning season. Congratulations and best of luck in Grade 3!
Fresh off their successes in Edinburgh, for the second year in a row MacMillan-Birtles wins the Celtic Classic. While the competition field was limited, the band secured firsts among all the judges in both the MSR and the Medley run. Congratulations, MacMillan-Birtles!
While the band did not make it into the finals (7th in their flight), their medley run was something they could be proud of: